this week is Freshers Week, but there is nothing Fresh about it. Working in the academic bookshop brings me into direct contact with the following top 5 fresher cliches:
5. Apologetic Fresher – its OK, I won’t bite if you ask me to find a book or give you a free mug.
4. Pyjama-wearing Fresher – NO! You are not cool and liberal! don’t go shopping in your night-garments!!
3. Over-excited Fresher – Calm down there! You might feel so free that you want to beam a smile to everyone, but that kind of attitude is going to get you very, very mugged in Rusholme.
2. Over-Exaggurating a non-existant hangover Fresher – Don’t play up to what you think is cool and necessary in Freshers Week! Being drunk!
1. Mute Fresher – don’t let your parents do the talking! FInd your voice!
End of rant.
Please find a new (also quite old) story entitled Ferria and Cavion. What are Ferria and Cavion? Read on and find out!!